There are different designs and materials available for bathroom sinks and it is a challenge to find that perfect bathroom sink for your Vancouver home. Ceramic bathroom sinks in Vancouver are the top choice as they are relatively easy to clean. You can help them to last longer with regular maintenance.
In order to maintain the pristine look of your ceramic bathroom sink and to make sure it works properly, follow these tips:
- A regular clean with warm soapy water and using a soft cloth will help remove daily stains from your sink.
- It’s recommended that you use a soft or micro fiber cleaning cloth as a cleaning aid for your bathroom sinks in your Vancouver home.
- If you have any problems with limescale on your sink, use lemon or vinegar. Apply the lemon or vinegar to your bathroom sink and leave it for a few minutes before you rinsing with water.
If the water in any of your bathroom sinks is slow to drain or perhaps the sink itself is blocked, you don’t have to panic. Here’s a tip by plumber based in the US: Pour one tablespoon of salt into the drain and then pour a quarter cup of plain white vinegar. Leave it for about one hour. After, turn on the hot water so any substances that caused the blockage will be cleared out.
List of things to avoid for any bathroom sinks in your Vancouver home:
- Spray cleaners
- Scouring powders or liquids
- Scouring pads
- Bleach. Don’t use it for cleaning and don’t soak clothes in the sink using bleach.
- Be careful when you use very hot water and very cold water. If for any reason you need to pour boiling water into the sink, make sure that you have the cold water running first. This is to prevent the sink from cracking.
By following the tips above, you can help with the maintenance of your ceramic bathroom sinks in Vancouver and have them last beyond their warranties.